Building a retaining wall can be a big investment! Retaining walls are also great investments when properly installed. Read this landscaping blog post prior to you are making your decision and choosing a Savannah Landscaping company for retaining wall installation Savannah GA.
So, What Are Retaining Walls? Retaining Wall Installation Savannah GA!
Retaining walls are relatively rigid walls used for supporting the soil mass laterally so that the soil can be retained at different levels on the two sides. Retaining walls are structures designed to restrain soil to a slope that it would not naturally keep to (typically a steep, near-vertical or vertical slope). They are used to bound soils between two different elevations often in areas of terrain possessing undesirable slopes or in areas where the landscape needs to be shaped severely and engineered for more specific purposes. Source – Wikipedia
My retaining wall block favorites
You have many options when it comes to designing your retaining wall. Retaining wall blocks can be built from different items some of these are designed specifically for retaining walls others have been adapted with great success in use for retaining walls.
- Retaining Wall Blocks are designed specifically to be used in retaining wall installations.
- Wood mainly 4×4 post and creosote post.
Below is one of our favorite installations of a retaining wall which we completed for a client located on Wilmington Island, GA.
Watch our short after video of this retaining wall project at the botoom of the page.
As you can see the days of the ugly retaining walls are no longer. Retaining walls can enhance your landscape.
Sizes, Shapes, Colors & Designs
As mentioned above you have many options when you are ready to work with your landscape contractor to install your retaining wall.
- What type of material do you prefer: wood or stone
- What shape & size: typically the most common size is 12 to 24 inches across.
- What color are you looking for: retaining walls blocks comes in all types of colors are you looking for a natural look or are you a RED retaining wall block type.
- What’s your budget: as with anything there are different prices for anything, including this
Tip: This could be a fairly $$$ landscape project.
Tip II: It is very important when you are looking for a landscape company to install your retaining wall make sure they have experience with the design and installation of retaining walls.
Proper Retaining Wall Installation Savannah GA
OK, it is very important to make sure your retaining wall is properly installed we have a few steps that a must.
Here are a few simple steps to proper installation.
- Install proper base layer
- Make sure your base layer is leveled
- Ensure to use block adhesive to secure the retaining wall blocks.
- Be sure your retaining wall drainage is done properly
A few other uses for retaining wall blocks
- landscape borders for plant beds
- Outdoor fire pits
- Walkway border
- Seating on patio
We can incorporate these other uses into your landscape to give your properly a well-designed landscape!
Savannah’s Landscaping Experts
If you are looking for a professionally designed and installed retaining wall call or text us at 912-988-3832 for a free estimate.